Who we are
We operate in Sioux Lookout, Ontario. Our staff consists of licensed journeyman carpenters, and certified UFC spray foam manufacturer and installers, we have the knowledge and top of the line equipment to install a superior product. We take the latest in building technologies and combine them with custom carpentry to make top quality new home construction and renovations. We take pride in every job we do!
Reports to the President. Responsible for the management of the administrative functions of the Company, including accounting, human resources, office functions and job and financial reporting.
Responsibilities and Duties
- write reports; and effectively
- present and communicate information
- respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
- perform basic mathematics; multiplication, division, addition and subtraction
- solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions
- interpret a variety of instructions and information of a general and specific business nature.
- Read and comprehend general business reports, financial statements, job forms, inventory and other common software generated reports, policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Hire, review, evaluate, and recommend disciplinary actions or termination of all employees reporting to the position. Approval in advance of hiring and termination must be obtained from the President.
- accountable for the successful completion of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Directs and monitors all accounting functions including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Payroll and monthly accounting reports and ensures that accounting functions are performed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Ensures that supplier invoices are reviewed, approved, audited for proper entry, and distributes funds for all purchases in the company within established guidelines.
- Ensures that all entries into the Job Tracking system are made promptly and accurately based on the inputs received, including job opening and closing procedures.
- Ensures that all Project Invoices are issued promptly and in accordance with contract requirements, including required documentation. Responsible for collections in accordance with the terms of the contract.
- Maintains files on all active jobs and assures that all appropriate paperwork is in order as per checklist, which may be updated from time to time.
- Provides analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Oversees the office administration functions including mail, telephone, and reception.
- Monitors LOC and Bank Accounts and reconciles on a monthly basis.
- Oversees a Cash Flow Management System including receipts and disbursements.
- Provides the overall, weekly, monthly and yearly direction priorities for accounting, human resources, safety, job costing and administration.
- Ensures that all employees in the company have furnished information for personnel records, insurance, and benefits programs.
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies and developing long-range goals and objectives.
- Interfaces with the Computer consultant and ensures maintenance of all office equipment including software.
- Oversees the preparation and communication of records and reports required by law or local governing bodies in a timely manner.
- Prepares financial reports and presentations as requested by the President.
- Ensures that personnel records are established, maintained and remain confidential in accordance with company and regulatory requirements.
- Interfaces with Bankers, Insurance Agents, CPA Firm and Computer system support as required.
- Provides Job Costing information to relevant departments on a timely basis.
- Ensures that benefits and all insurance’s are administered, coordinated and disability claims are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Ensures that telephones are answered promptly and that mail and telefaxes are sorted and distributed in a timely manner.
- Maintains the master copy of all Company Manuals and distributes copies as required.
- Assists in preparing the annual budget and ensures its completion.
- Attends and participates in all corporate staff meetings and functions.
Ensures that personnel evaluations are completed in accordance with the Company’s procedure and evaluates the performance of all personnel with direct reporting relationships.
- The above duties may be delegated. It is, however, the responsibility of the Office Manager to ensure that these duties are carried out in a proper and timely manner.
- Recommends to the President Compensation increases for subordinates, based on performance and merit.
- Ensures that there is a person or persons who can handle all facets of this position so that continuity will be maintained in the absence of the Office Manager.
- Demonstrates good judgment and reasoning when investigating and solving problems. Interactions include dealing one on one with Jay Carter Roofing staff, customers and vendors.
- Respects the confidentiality of customer, company and personnel information.
- Performs all other job-related functions as assigned by the President.
Complete, accurate, and timely financial statements have been prepared for corporate management within fifteen (15) working days after the end of the month.
- Accounts Receivable collection is prompt with less than 10% of non-retention invoices exceeding thirty (30) days.
- Ensures that employee benefits packages are reviewed, and all company filing requirements are met.
- All personnel files are accurate, up-to-date, and secure.
- Routine employee evaluations for all personnel with direct reporting relationships have been conducted.
- All purchasing, accounting, human resources, quality, administration, and corrective action functions operate smoothly and in a professional manner.
- All duties and responsibilities are performed on time, in a satisfactory manner and within Company policy and procedures.
- Leads by example, displaying a positive attitude and cooperative working relationship with other managers and employees.
- Evaluates performance of subordinates on time and provides a means for them to meet or exceed standards.
- Respects the confidentiality of company, customer and employee information, fostering all subordinates to do the same.
- Satisfactorily performs all other duties, as requested by the President.
- College Degree or the Equivalent Work Experience.
- Required:2 to 3 years of Administrative and Accounting experience.
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English. Must be able to address individuals and groups confidently.
- have the analytical skills as related to accounting practices, inventory and procedures in general use.
- strong people management
- organizational and planning capabilities
- competent administrator of policies and procedures
- willingness and skills to monitor and control the activities assigned
- A working knowledge of Accounting and Computer operation is essential
- must be a leader and motivator.
- Analytical and deductive reasoning abilities are required
- Computer operation ability is required
- Capable of standing, sitting and bending.
- Ability to spend long stretches of time at a desk or computer.
- Ability to lift and carry up to twenty (20) pounds.
- Must have average vision (20-20 corrected if needed)
- have full power of speech.
- Attention to detail, fast paced activity and response time to customer and / or company requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree (B. A. or B. S.) from four-year college or university in business administration or related field; and two to four years accounting experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and industry experience.
- 5 to 7 years of Administrative experience in the contracting or related industry.